Slim & Husky’s
Hey my loves! I know… I know it’s been a minute but, I come bearing gifts in the form of a restaurant review. Now, I know y’all are used to me giving my reviews on my IG stories however, I decided to switch it up …
Hey babes! Here’s a quick and actual yummy Keto friendly pancake recipe. Now, in no way is your girl Keto but when I’m in vacation mode I try to cut my carbs as much as possible. As you all should know by now brunch is my absolute favorite meal and it usually involves a lot of carbs so I had to find a substitute for my beloved pancakes. Now, let me be super honest and say these pancakes will not taste like your regular buttermilk pancakes however, they are pretty amazing in their own right AND if you add a little fruit compote or fresh fruit it really sets them off. Please keep in mind, I am not Keto so if every single thing isn’t up to your Keto standards feel free to swap that ingredient out and use what works best for you. For instance I refuse to use any sugar substitute so, guess what your girl did?? I added regular white sugar cause, that’s what works for me lol.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5-7 minutes|
- 2 cups almond flour
- 9 cup tbsp butter melted
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar of choice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until fully combined. Allow your mix to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Heat griddle or skillet over a medium heat.
- Pour mix onto griddle and cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook for 1 minutes.
- Remove from heat and butter pancakes. Serve with fruit or desired topping.
Can substitute almond flour for 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
Have you reserved your seat for A Seat At My Table:Bottomless Brunch? If not, check out the deets below!
Summer Shrimp & Octopus Ceviche
Hello my loves!! It’s been a minute! I have no excuse for being away for so long other than life has been kicking my ass lol. If you follow me on Instagram then you know I’ve been promising this recipe for a while (along with …
Hey my babies!! I’m so happy to finally announce the pre-sale of my first E-Cookbook, Maryann’s Taco Tuesday Guide. This cookbook is an inside look at how we do Taco Tuesday in my home. The idea came about while talking about what my first cookbook …
Weeknight Chicken & Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
HEY MY BABIES!! I’m back! I know I went a little ghost on the web but, I was working on some cool things for my blog as well as resting my mind and body. The holiday season was INSANE for me and your girl needed some time to reset and recharge.
Now, on to the good stuff. I made this cheesy bake over my break for my kids but, instead of cauliflower I used potatoes and they raved about how yummy it was and demanded that I share it with you all lol. I know a lot of folks are doing the Keto diet or just dieting period so I thought it would be cool to try the recipe with cauliflower and GIRL, it was so good. The hardest part of this recipe is cutting up the cauliflower into little bitty pieces (insert eye roll) lol. Now, the chicken recipe is a old recipe of mine that I’ve been making for the last 7 years and myself, my girls, and anyone else who I make this for are addicted, like its kind of rude of me to have never shared this with y’all. It’s so easy its crazy, I call this my weeknight chicken because it’s my go to recipe when I really don’t have time to do the most in the kitchen. The Italian dressing and cucumbers make this chicken juicy and sweet then, the spices give it a nice kick. I’m going on about this chicken because, its really that dang good and when you try it I wanna hear about it so make sure you tag me on IG (shesmaryann).
I want to thank y’all for still coming to my blog and showing love in my absence, I was a little shocked to see my insights still popping. I love y’all for real for real!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30-40 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 -1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (for sauce I used gouda, swiss, and cheddar)
- 2 cups kale or spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tbsp cajun or taco seasoning
- In a medium sauce pan, melt your butter over a medium-low heat. Once butter has melted whisk in heavy cream and cornstarch. Add in cheese while constantly whisking to avoid clumping. Once cheese is melted and sauce is smooth add minced garlic and let sauce cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in kale and cook remove from heat, the hot cheese will wilt your kale.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a small baking dish or loaf pan layer your cauliflower and sprinkle seasoning and cheese in between layers (this layering only applies if you’re using a deep dish like the loaf pan). Pour sauce over cauliflower and top with cheddar and place in oven, uncovered for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes so sauce can thicken.
I used the cheeses that were in my fridge, so do the same. There is no need to use exactly what I used.
You can also season how you prefer, I used my homemade taco seasoning, but this would also taste delish with a cajun seasoning or Italian seasoning.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1 lb ckicken wings
- 1 14 oz bottle of Italian dressing
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a 9x11 baking dish add your chicken and sprinkle with seasonings, top with your veggies and Italian dressing. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from over and let cool for 5 minutes.
I prefer a slow bake on this chicken if I have the time but, you can absolutely turn up the heat to 400 degrees and bake for 30-40 minutes if you're short on time. Baking on the lower temp serves as a marinating process for the chicken it allows those flavors to really settle into the chicken and causes it to fall off the bones.
Chicken Philly Lasagna
Hey y’all it’s Day eleven but, I am a little behind (please charge it to my mind not my heart) but here is yesterday’s recipe. Don’t worry I’ll be stopping by your inbox a little later with Day eleven’s recipe. Now, let’s get into this …
Steak & Potato Frittata
Good morning!! We are on day 9 of our 12 days of recipes for Christmas, and today’s recipe is not only for my omelette lovers but my meat and potatoes guys and gals. I don’t know about y’all but there is low key nothing worse …
Monte Cristo Breakfast Bake
Hey my loves! We are on Day 8 of our 12 days of recipes for Christmas and today’s BOMB ASS brunch recipe is a Monte Cristo bake topped with brown sugar bacon, powdered sugar, and a strawberry reduction.
I came up with this recipe a few days ago and decided to make it for breakfast this morning to make sure it would taste how I imagined in my head and BOOOY DID IT!! lol I love me a Monte Cristo sandwich however, I do not love ham so I decided I would use sliced deli turkey in place of the ham. If you are a fan of ham you can absolutely use that in place of the turkey and the same goes for the bacon you can sub it out for turkey bacon or omit it completely. I had to include some eggs in this because….it’s not a breakfast bake without eggs right? Right! Either way the eggs were a lovely addition. Now, don’t be fooled by the fanciness of the name “Strawberry reduction” it’s nothing more than a jar strawberry preserves that I thinned out with a little water and bacon grease. If you are using turkey bacon or don’t have bacon fat on hand for your strawberry reduction feel free to replace it with a tablespoon of unsalted butter. Can you believe we only have 4 days left?? I can’t this has been fun and challenging for me, and I can’t lie seeing how you all have looked forward to the recipes each day keeps me excited about creating new content. I’ll be see you lovelies tomorrow with another loaded brunch recipe. **kisses**
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 package of Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1/2 lb sliced turkey
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 strips bacon cut into bacon bits
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 2 tsp bacon grease
- 1 tsp water
- powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your buns in half and layer the bottom layers in your baking dish. Sprinkle an even layer of cheese over your bun bottoms, next layer your sliced turkey over the cheese, and sprinkle a final layer of Swiss over the turkey and place top with the top bun.
- In a medium bowl whisk your eggs, salt, pepper, and milk together and pour evenly over your sandwiches. Place in the oven uncovered and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While your bake is in the oven prepare your strawberry reduction. In a small sauce pan heat your preserves, water, and bacon grease over a medium heat. Stir constantly for 5 minutes until sauce has thinned out and is hot.
- Remove bake from oven and garnish with bacon bits, powdered sugar, and strawberry reduction.
Berry Mary Margarita
HAPPY FRIDAY!! Here’s a cocktail that’s perfect for any Friday mood. It’s been my after work drink all week and I hope you enjoy sipping on this happy hour gem as much as I have. See you tomorrow for Day 8 of recipes for Christmas.